Lane Bryant

Monday, March 3, 2014

Maximized Living & MaxT3

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? My weekend was jam packed with all sorts of wonderful things. However the highlight of my weekend was officially taking over the Instagram account of my gym, MaxT3 West Cobb. If you have been following me on Instagram, then you know I started a new fitness plan back in January. Although the exercise part is a big chunk of what I'm doing, the actual plan in much more involved.


Maximized Living is a global movement that is based on 5 essentials: maximized mind, nerve supply, nutrition, oxygen/lean muscle and minimized toxins. I found out about this movement through my wellness chiropractor Dr. Fred Roberto. I have been a patient of his office, West Cobb Chiropractic, for the last 7 years. I have dabbled in the Maximized Living program off and on for the last 4 years, but only recently decided to make it a true way of living. 



I know a lot of you see my pictures and think that it's all glitz and glam and that everything for me is always perfect and amazing, but it's not. Back in November I started having severe anxiety attacks. I had gained a tremendous amount of weight and overall felt like crap. I literally spent almost every moment I was awake in fear that something terrible was going to happen to me. And afraid as I was while I was awake, I was equally convinced that I was going to die in my sleep. This whole thing continued all throughout the holiday's until I sat down with Dr. Roberto in the beginning of January to see what I needed to do to get my life in order. 

Beginning January 6th I decided to take control of my life I joined MaxT3 West Cobb. It is the first fitness facility of it's kind that's officially apart of the Maximized Living system.  This is not your typical gym. When you come in you won't see stair masters or elliptical machines or even treadmills. If I had to liken the workout to something it would be similar to Cross Fit. However when you join MaxT3 you join for a 90 day cycle (challenge). You workout 6 days a week and rest on Sunday. The workouts last for about 12-16 minutes. 


I know you're thinking, how can that be a good workout? Seriously guys, it's not a pansy workout. You are completely exhausted by the time you are done. It's not like Insanity, but you workout at your own level. If you can do your push-ups on the floor, do it, if you have to do them on a bar, that's ok, too. Everyone works within their own fitness level then you gradually continue to push yourself to the next level. 

For me, this whole journey is not totally about losing weight, it's about living a healthier life and feeling better. I weighed in the beginning, but haven't since then and I don't plan on it any time soon. The main thing I can report is that my anxiety has been completely eradicated, my clothes fit better and my overall since of well being is positive. If you are struggling with weight loss, anxiety, diabetes or any other ailments, give Maximized Living a try. It's not a fad diet, but a way of life that's based on how God intended for you to live.

For more information about my fitness program visit www.maxt3ga.com. If you want to know more about the Maximized Living Movement visit www.maximizedlivingdrroberto.com . I have only scratched the surface of the whole program so you should definitely check out the websites. Continue to follow my fitness journey on instagram using the hashtag #makeoverparker.


xoxo-


<3 Parker S.



No comments:

Post a Comment