Lane Bryant

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thursday Three-Way: Sequin Dress #Day2Play

Hey Guys! It's almost the weekend and I can't wait. Do you have big plans for Labor Day? I couldn't let this week go by without giving you some extra style inspiration. Because my Two-Way Tuesday post was really a #ParkerStyle Remix, I decided to give you guys a Thursday Three-Way. Last year you may remember me showing you how to wear a cocktail dress to work, but I wanted to push the envelope this time. I have had a matte sequin dress that I scored at JC Penney (Worthington Collection) last year and until a few days ago I had yet to wear it.



Because everything cool I wanted to wear was either dirty or in the cleaners, I decided to pull out this sequin dress and wear it to work. Yeah, I know that sounds crazy, since my full time job is nothing remotely related to fashion, but my mind was made up. Because we were having a "fall" feeling day here in Georgia, I decided to style my "work ready" look with my denim sleeveless shirt from JC Penney (JCP Collection), Green blazer from Eloquii & riding boots from Lane Bryant. 

Belt - Torrid, MacBook Case - Marshall's, Sunnies - Tom Ford, Necklace - Twelve 24 Boutique



If you have been reading my blog for a while you already know that I live way outside of the city, so going home to change clothes is not an option for me. My outfit has to be versatile and able to be restyled to look different or I have to have a change of clothes with me. Thankfully on this particular day, I was able to go from #Day2Play in this look. By removing the blazer and boots and grabbing my H&M fedora and Target sandal, I turned this outfit into a perfect casual Saturday look. 

Bag - Vintage Furla, Ring - Masion de Couture Boutique 








Finally, to take this dress even further, I decided to wear it for it's intended purpose, as a cocktail dress. By removing the denim shirt and adding an interesting pop of color with my Sole Society heels and a #fabfound clutch from blogger buddy Nikka Shae, I'm ready for date night.


What do you think? The next time you are in a fashion bind think outside of the box. Don't be afraid to take a risk, because a winning look just may be your reward.
 
See you on the front row!
 
<3 Parker S.




2 comments:

  1. I need that clutch in my life on the last picture..=)Great looks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for dressy pieces being styled with a casual feel. So the 2nd look is so me. Nice necklace!

    ReplyDelete