Lane Bryant

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Thrifting Atlanta Style Wars

A couple of weeks ago I had the most amazing time styling a look for the Thrifting Atlanta Style Wars Competition. Now, I wouldn't classify myself as a true thrifter, but I do love mixing in the occasional thrift store find to create a fun look. My style trend to interpret was pastels. I immediately hit my local thrift stores but didn't have to go far. As soon as I walked in, I found a diamond in the rough; a vintage 1980's bridesmaid dress.


Now I know you're probably thinking, WTF?!? Obviously this dress is about 10 sizes too small, but it didn't matter because I knew I was going to deconstruct it. After some creative cutting and elastic maneuvering, I was able to create a wearable skirt. I also repurposed part of the bodice to cover a sun visor to create a fun accessory for my 1920's golfer themed ensemble. Don't ask me where I get these ideas, they just pop in my head and somehow come together to look half way decent.




To round out the look, I added my chambray shirt from Target, Banana Republic sweater & flats, LA Lynn's Accessory Shop necklace/bracelet and Just Fab bag for a pop. Later on at the competition, I added a vintage golf club to further complete my look.

What do you think? I know it's a lot look, but I had so much fun putting it together. Sometimes all it takes is a little creativity to put an interesting spin on an unexpected, thrifty find.


xoxo-

<3 Parker S.

No comments:

Post a Comment