Lane Bryant

Monday, November 11, 2013

Iman x HSN

As a plus sized woman, one thing I know unequivocally is that all fashion is not created equally. You may remember when I shared my opinions openly to Target a few weeks back to voice my disappointment about the lack of a plus size items in one of their latest designer collaborations, well I'm not one to beat a dead horse to death, so I moved on to explore brands that offer "Fashion Democracy".

Nearly six years ago, world renowned supermodel & style icon Iman Abdulmajid, launched her Global Chic collection on HSN.  Originally a collection of artfully curated, inspired accessories, Iman stated in the original press release that, "It is important to know fashionable accessory trends, but it is more important to know how to properly incorporate them into your world and your lifestyle. You are never fully dressed without them." I couldn't agree more with that statement. Accessories can completely transform your look, as I have shown you in my Two-Way Tuesday & Thursday Three-Way posts. You can easily take your look for day to play by doing the accessory switch-up.




Global Chic City Tote, Anniversary Ring and Gold Ribbed Cuff, all from the Inaugural Global Chic Collection

Now let's fast forward to this summer. Over the years, the Global Chic collection has expanded to carry not only fabulous accessories but also amazing clothes and very chic luggage. Although I was always a lover of the Global Chic brand, I never actually purchased anything until one fateful day back in May. I fell in love with the Summer Crush Convertible Jumpsuit! Of course when it came down to the color choices, I chose the leopard. Like I told you in my Style Me Friday post, leopard is a neutral and will pretty much work with any color. This jumpsuit took me all throughout the summer and I definitely will be winterizing it during the holidays. 

Me an the Fabulous Shanda Freeman at Bloomingdale's NYC during FFFWeek

#Selfie w/ TV Personality Marcy Guevara having an intense conversation in the background ;)

Now, let's jump to present day. Because we have truly been having fall weather here in Atlanta,  I have really been able to step up my outerwear game. Over the past couple of weeks, I have dawned 3 fabulous & different looks thanks to Iman. I totally shut the game down in my cognac colored Iman Platinum Rock The Runway leather coat with matching bag. I must admit, I totally owned this look ;)! The leather is very soft and supple and the construction of both the bag and the coat rival that of my high end designer pieces.

Date night look w/ vintage Dolce & Gabbana pumps


Casual Saturday look in Cole Haan oxfords & Banana Republic argyle socks
If you follow me on Instagram then you've seen me rock 2 other fab pieces from the Iman Platinum/Global Chic collections. My faux fur vest is fast becoming one of my new faves and the black capelet I rocked on Friday adds a polished look to any ensemble. I love them so much, I'm considering grabbing the vest in black because it would totally slay my winter white pants and turtle neck and also the burgundy capelet.






As you can see, my Iman pieces totally take my looks to the next level. The best thing about the collection is that no matter you size there is something for you. All of the clothing pieces come in sizes XS-3X and the shoes (which I don't have any yet) come in sizes 5.5-11 in both medium and wide widths. To view more of Iman's styles, check out www.hsn.com . Also mark your calendars for November 23rd to check out the new Iman Cashmere Collection.  Once you check out the line, I'd love to know your favorite Global Chic pieces. Leave a link in the comment section. Until next time...

See you on the front row-

<3 Parker S. 









No comments:

Post a Comment