Lane Bryant

Friday, July 20, 2012

Sol-Oasis

Quaint, intimate and relaxing are all words that come to mind when I think of Sol-Oasis Day Spa. Last night, friend & fellow blogger Nikka Shae hosted the most amazing tweet-up. Upon arriving, the staff at Sol-Oasis greeted me with a refreshing glass of "Spa Water" (fruit & vegetable infused water) and ushered me over to the area to sign up for my services. I am so glad Nikka made this a pajama party. I love being a FAB fashionista, but being able to let my hair down and relax is so much better.


As other ladies started to arrive, the pampering began. My first spa service was a mini pedicure. Of course, I was long overdue for a pedi, and I was a little embarrassed at the state of my feet, but my technician graciously without judgement commenced to resurrect them and make them look amazing! Like I said, this was a mini pedicure, so basically just nail shaping and a polish change. I can only imagine what the real experience will be like because the pedicure chair feels like a throne fit for a queen. 

After completing my mini pedi, I went back for a mini facial with microdermabrasion. I was a little apprehensive because surprisingly, I have only had one other facial before this one and that was several years ago. Teri Eastin, aesthetician at Love Your Skin (located inside of J.Michelle Salon above Sol-Oasis) was very knowledgeable and addressed some of my skin concerns. Overall, she gave my skin a good bill of health and some pointers on what I can do to correct some of my skin concerns. 

After my facial, I was able to savor some delectable spa bites and hang out with the other ladies. I saw a lot of familiar faces, but because this event was so intimate, I was able to really get to know everyone. I love it when black women are able to support each other. Nikka has done such a great job of creating a group of like-minded women with the Blog Fab Fashionistas. We really are BFF's and every time I'm at an event, I learn something new and am in turn able to educate and encourage someone else. 


I ended the evening with a mini-manicure by Sol-Oasis owner, Kassundra. She has really created a lovely environment that every woman should experience. She has developed very unique spa services that I can't wait to experience. She also has her own line of skin products. I was fortunate enough to win a gift bag that included one her body butters and body oil. It smells so good and I can't wait to try them out. All in all, I had the best time bonding with my new besties and am super excited to visit both Sol-Oasis & Love Your Skin, for more "next level" pampering! For more information about Kassundra and Sol-Oasis, visit www.soloasis.net and for more info on Teri, visit www.terieastin.skincaretherapy.net


See you on the front row!

<3 Parker S. 

14 comments:

  1. Wow if that's how you ladies look before bed, then that's amazing!!! I would have come with my head wrapped up and house shoes, lol. I wish I could have made it. You all are all smiles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Portia! The event was great and we were all smiles from those amazing lemon drop martini's lol!

      Delete
  2. Parker thank you for coming!!! I love your post and pictures!!! Yes it was a fab night and many more to come!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You opinion means so much to me and I can't wait for the next tweet-up!

      Delete
  3. This looks fabulous ladies, great pamper session :))... H await for the next one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a blast, Kerrie. I hate you missed it, but I know you will be at the next one! :)

      Delete
  4. Good times! I really enjoyed the pajama jammy jam! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Times! It was also really good catching up with you. Let's do lunch soon! :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, let's I'm always down for food. Right now, I'm usually wide open during the afternoon's

      Delete
  5. It looks like you all had a ball!!! Bonding and having a good time is what it's all about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had an amazing time! There is nothing better than black women encouraging each other!

      Delete
  6. Loved the recap. It was greeting seeing you again. Hopefully our pats will cross again soon. Continued blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I have watched KaSundra build this business from the ground up and I know that you all had an amazing time. Since I left Atlanta, my feet have missed her so much! Looks like you all had a blast! Be sure to invite me to your next party; I'll come back for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great to see you & the other ladies! I'll definitely be checking out Sol-Oasis again soon :)

    ReplyDelete