Lane Bryant

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Beauty Byte: Iman Cosmetics

Happy Tuesday! How is your week going so far? I am doing great and feeling fabulous. It's been a while since I have done a Beauty Byte,  so I wanted to share with all of you one of my new favorite things. Last summer, while attending a press preview in NYC, I peeped out a fab lip palette by IMAN Cosmetics. At first glance it looked like a tray of glosses that wouldn't really pack a punch. I mean seriously, it retailed for $5 bucks, how great could it really be? Boy was I wrong! When I applied this unassuming quint of colors they went on so bold, I was literally blown away!



Now, let's fast forward to a few weeks ago. DOOBOP.com, a fabulous online beauty site that specializes in products for all ethnicities, announced that they would be carrying the full size lipsticks from the palette. Of course I was all over it and had to order all 5. I can honestly tell you, this is quite shocking for me, because I'm not typically a lipstick girl. I'm usually hands down all about a nice sheer gloss, and the occasional pop of pink or red, but never really liked lipstick. It usually falls flat for me by being too dry or wearing off easily. All I can tell you is that IMAN Cosmetics lipsticks have totally converted me.


The shades are so color rich and intense, you can literally wear them all day with out having to reapply. I know you're probably thinking that you are going to have that gross, weird lip thing that happens just inside of you mouth when your lipstick is on too long, but it doesn't. The lipstick glides on super creamy and stays moisture rich all day long. They are so highly pigmented that they almost stain your lips with whatever shade you are wearing when you take them off. My favorite shade hands down is the bold red called Scandalous, but I also love playing with the pink shades called Kinky Pink & Flirtatious. I can't wait to rock the Hot orange this summer and I am still on the fence about the purple shade called Taboo!



Clockwise from top left:  Flirtatious, Kinky Pinky, Scandalous, Taboo & Hot
The lipsticks retail for $10 each and at that price point are definitely some #BudgetBeauty goodness! You can score these and other fabulous shades at www.imancosmetics.com or www.doobop.com I highly encourage you to give them a try. Also, be sure to download the new IMAN Cosmetics app for a fun, interactive experience where you can upload your picture and find your perfect foundation shade! Until next time, Make the world your personal runway!

See you on the front row!

<3 Parker S.

No comments:

Post a Comment