Lane Bryant

Monday, December 30, 2013

Holiday Staycation

Hey guys! How was your Christmas? I had the most amazing time with my mom this year. We had a very nontraditional Christmas. We packed up all of our gifts and had a holiday staycation in town. We checked in at the Intercontinental Buckhead on Monday and stayed there through Christmas. I have stayed at my share of luxury hotels all over the world, but this experience was quite different.



Sure, the Intercontinental Buckhead boasts luxurious furnishings, elegant decor and many other amazing amenities you would expect to find in a 5-Star rated hotel, but where it differs from most are the people that work there. Never at any hotel or resort have I felt more welcomed than I did at the Intercontinental Buckhead. From the valet's to the bell captains, to the front desk team and restaurant staff, I felt ensconced in kindness. 

Having worked retail, I understand how challenging it is to put on a happy face when you would rather be spending time with your family, but the team at the Intercontinental Buckhead did not falter at any moment during our 3 day stay. On our first evening we had such an amazing time chatting with Master Mixologists Philip & Clay while grabbing a cocktail and a bite at Bourbon Bar. To call the eats there "bar food" would be criminal. 


Philip Burke & Clay Livingston 
We kicked off Christmas Eve with some #BendelBonding before we ventured out for the day. While waiting for the car we chatted with the doorman, Richard,  and he was nice enough to snap a photo of us. 



After returning from a fabulous spa day that I'll tell you about later, I was so moved by the kindness of the staff, that I prepared some tasty holiday surprises for the valets and bell captains. It was terribly cold outside and I thought it would be a great way to brighten their day. 

Yummy treats from Soo Soo Tasty


Surprised reactions...

Smiling Faces = Mission Accomplished
After resting for a bit, we got all dressed up for an amazing Christmas Eve dinner at Southern Art. The food was divine and the dining room was breathtaking. I decided to break out my trusty, navy ASOS double peplum top and matching skirt. I know I have worn it like a million and a half times, but I updated the look with my new Iman Global Chic sequin jacket. My mom, on the other hand, wore a fabulous top from Sweet Pea's Boutique with dress slacks from Talbots. We were pretty #haute if I do say so myself!





On Christmas morning, we opened our gifts and had a fabulous breakfast downstairs. We enjoyed the beautiful atrium of the hotel and chatted with other guests. 

Mom had a Henri Bendel Christmas and will probably murder me for posting this pic!


I, on the other hand, was having a Santa Baby moment in my new Dennis Basso coat from QVC. ( I actually opened this at midnight because I simply couldn't wait.)


Ham Bar at Southern Art




After getting all packed up, it was time to say farewell to our Christmas home away from home. I couldn't leave before I delivered one more holiday treat to my new friend Richard. He missed out on the goodies I delivered on Christmas Eve because he was gone for the day. 



If you are looking for a fabulous hotel for out of town guests to stay or just want to have a special evening in the City of Atlanta, the Intercontinental Buckhead gets the Parker Simmons Stamp of Approval. Special thank you to the entire team at Intercontinental Buckhead for making our holiday both special and memorable! 


Me: SWAK Designs Jeans & Pretty Cami, Vintage Eloquii Jacket and Kate Spade Keds
Mom: Banana Republic peplum sweater, HUE jeggings, Ugg Australia & Henri Bendel bag




xoxo-

Parker S.



1 comment: