Lane Bryant

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

#ootd Socialite

Hey guys! How's it going today? I hope your week is off to a great start. Mine is going pretty well if you are wondering. As most of you already know I have been working out daily for the past few months. Although I am by no means a stick figure, I have been seeing subtle changes in my clothes. It has made me feel even more beautiful and more confident than ever before.

This whole process of getting healthy and changing my lifestyle has been quite a cathartic experience. It's funny, how you think you have everything in your life together only to realize that things are completely upside down and out of sorts. I feel like I have been completely broken down and am rebuilding a better version of myself. But, I also realized that once you get to what you consider to be your pinnacle of perfection, you start the process all over again and push to new heights.

I have learned that changes don't take place over night no matter how bad we want them to. Even though I have been working out really hard, I still have that stubborn LHF (low hanging fat). My arms are still a little flabby, but they look better than where I started. With each day I feel stronger and better.

Well, now that I've spilled my guts, I guess I better get to the #OOTD deets, lol! With my renewed confidence, I decided to rock a look that is pretty simple for me. Sometimes we get so caught up in the trappings of fashion that we don't let our inner beauty shine through. With this look I was able to do both.  I rocked my Custom Plus Socialite tank with Lane Bryant jeggings and Just Fab pumps. Sometimes, less is more as was the case with this outfit. I also kept my accessories to a minimum because the shirt was enough.






I know this isn't the most inspiring look fashionably, but it was really meant to be more encouraging. No matter where you are in your life, you can always change the course of it. Whether you want to lose weight or change careers, only YOU can do it. It's not always going to be easy, but taking small steps each day in the direction that you want to go will help you to begin to chart a new course towards your purpose. When people see you begin to invest in yourself, they will, too. I am living proof that when all of the odds are against you and you feel like you are being attacked from every possible direction, God shows up with the most amazing blessings.

I hope this post encourages you break away from whatever is holding you back. When the road gets rough, just smile through your pain and know that your breakthrough is just a stones throw away!

Make the world your personal runway!


<3 Parker S. 

3 comments:

  1. Look at you!! You better get it Parker. I have always thought your beautiful inside matched your beautiful outside. I'm glad you are reaching new heights and making a better Parker for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute!! love the tee you look nice
    Farrah-

    ReplyDelete
  3. such an inspiration!! i love seeing your daily workout reports on IG!

    ReplyDelete