Lane Bryant

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thursday Three-Way: Lane Bryant Pencil Skirt

Happy Thursday! If you have been following me for a while, you know I love to rock looks that can go from day to play! Because I live outside of the city, going home to change before going out is not an option, therefore my look must be able to transition.


Recently, I scored an amazing ponte knit pencil skirt from Lane Bryant. I was immediately drawn to it because it falls below the knee and it had a cute little hidden zipper over the left knee. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was going to be able to me styled a variety of ways. Last week, I put it to the test. I created a smart, work-ready look by pairing my skirt with what appears to be a basic white shell and my yellow jacket from Talbot's. To spice up the look I added yellow and black color-block city sandals from Shoe Dazzle and my Henri Bendel tote.
After work, I planned on going out to meet my girlfriends for drinks, so I needed to flip this look into something a little more playful. I removed the jacket and untucked the top and added a chunky silver necklace from Chico's. Additionally I unzipped the split over the knee and popped on my FAVE Shoe Mint studded pumps! I neglected to photograph the back of my Fashion to Figure top, but the back is open and has a single button closure. 


I took this look one step further and created a date night look. Because the skirt is almost a midi length pencil, I was able to pull it up over my breast and create a mini, bodycon dress. To define my curves I added my Lane Bryant Obi belt and topped it off with my yellow jacket I wore to work earlier that day and a fringe Fashion to Figure clutch. I switched up the shoes and went with a black pump and zipped the split down to only be about 2 inches long. 

So, What do you think? I hope you have enjoyed this post and it inspires you to find creative ways to take your look from day to play!

Happy Shopping-

<3 Parker. s


1 comment: