Lane Bryant

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

How to Wear Biker Chic to Work

Happy Tuesday! I hope your week has gotten off to a great start. Today I wanted to give you a little fashion inspiration from one of my favorite followers, my mom! I have featured her in previous blog posts and in numerous Instagram posts, but for those of you who are new, my mom is a very fashionable 60 year old woman. As you already know, I believe in fashion without boundaries and style at every age. No matter what size you are or your age, you can look fab!

Yesterday my mom totally surprised me when I saw her outfit. While out shopping together on Saturday, she scored the most amazing Vince Camuto boots from Nordstrom. Initially I was taken aback by the style, because it was way out of the box for her. She said she wanted something "edgy", and these boots were just that. I do occasionally style my mom, but she usually get it right all on her own and yesterday was no exception.



She created the perfect high/low biker ensemble by pairing her new boots with a #StyleSteal houndstooth dress from Ross, 15 Denier tights from ASOS, and vintage Chico's leather biker jacket. She added a color chic color pop to her look by wearing the same Banana Republic baubles that I wore on Friday with her ensemble. By adding these more delicate jewelry pieces to her look, she perfectly balanced the edginess of the boots and jacket. This instantly made what would have been 2 otherwise office inappropriate pieces acceptable for work.





That's her Sexy Look ;)

As you can see, getting older doesn't mean you can't still be fashionable and sexy. I love the fact that my mom has an amazing since of style and the confidence to own her age and rock the hell out of it. I hope her look has inspired you to embrace your inner diva and realize that style doesn't come with an expiration date! 


xoxo-

<3 Parker S. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your Mom's look. And she's right, those boots definitely edged up her dress and pretty jewelry. My Mom and her sister (my Aunt) are around your Mom's age and they both love them some fashion and style. Age ain't nothing but a number, right?

    ReplyDelete