Lane Bryant

Sunday, July 21, 2013

#ParkerStyle Remix

Hey guys! How was your weekend? I had a great time doing what I love at Twelve 24 Boutique. As their in house Stylist, I had a blast yesterday when the Chic Boutique Tour stopped by. Because I was going to be on my feet most of the day, I wanted to wear something comfortable but still look put together. Because half of my current wardrobe was either dirty or in a suitcase from my weeks of traveling, I decided to pull something from the archives.


A couple of weeks ago my girl Karen Leano, COO of Cayetano Legacy, posted her #OOTD on Instagram. When I saw it I was totally blown away. She paired a rolled up chambray shirt with a citron yellow bandage skirt and of course accessorized it with a Cayetano Legacy necklace. She rounded out her look with funky, leopard flats.


Karen Leano

Karen's #ootd

With that look in mind, I decided to perform a #ParkerStyle remix on her look. I pulled out a vintage INC bandage dress from Macy's that I haven't worn since last summer. Ironically, I paired this dress last year with a Cayetano Legacy necklace. This time, I topped the dress with my trusty sleeveless JCP denim shirt (similar style here) and the yellow Talese Cayetano Legacy. By topping the dress it created the illusion of a skirt like Karen's. Since I was going to be on my feet all day, I decided to wear my black, spiked sneakers from Target. To step it up a notch, I also added a red, studded Alter Ego Clutch from Twelve 24 Boutique.

Original Styling of the dress. 




Photos by ARH Photography

So, what do you think of my #ParkerStyle Remix? I know it's a little unconventional, but I love the spin I put on Karen's look. Although the core elements are similar, we have two entirely different looks. Our looks may not suit every one's tastes, but I have put together a style blueprint so you can adapt this look to fit your lifestyle. 

#ParkerStyle Remix #1

#ParkerStyle Remix #1 by everydayrunway 

I hope this inspires you to be adventurous and try your own style remix. Whether you choose a look from a magazine or from a friend, put your own spin on things. You'll be surprised how easy it is to recreate looks from old items in your closet. It's a great way to save money and revamp your wardrobe. As always, "Make the world your personal runway!"

See you on the front row!

<3 Parker S. 

2 comments:

  1. Loving this look Parker! Super chic and cute! Stylish enough to represent your job as a stylist and comfortable enough to be on your feet all day. Loved how you paired the dress and the sneakers are super cute. Loving the necklace and the pop of color with the bag! You've given me a few ideas on styling my bandage skirt and Chambray shirt! Work it Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Janae! I'm glad you liked the way I styled this look. Sometimes it takes seeing your friends style something one way to inspire you to put your spin on it. Thanks so much for reading my blog and following my style adventures!

    :) Parker S.

    ReplyDelete