Lane Bryant

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pattern Play: Flowers and Stripes

I'm sure you've guessed by now that I march to the beat of a different style drummer. I love the idea of mixing bold, unrelated patterns together and creating a quirky, unexpected look that is all my own. A few days ago, I created an outrageous "Hello Spring" combo. I paired a structured, striped jacket from Talbot's with a flirty, floral Duro Olowu for JCP skirt.

I will be the first to admit, it was a lot of look, but I was determined to "own" it! The patterns were completely unrelated, however they told a similar color story.  To ground the 2 bold patterns, I incorporated a bold, orange Worthington Collection silk blouse from JCP. Of course, the devil is in the details, so I added my favorite lion head necklace from Twelve 24 Boutique, Tom Ford sunglasses, Talbot's clutch and ShoeMint pumps. Although I had a lot going on, somehow it all came together to make a Perfectly Parker look. What do you think? Are you adventurous enough to try a little #patternplay?


"Make the world your personal runway!"


xoxo-


Parker S.







3 comments:

  1. Wow I love how you did that, very cute ~Tiffany Hampton #BLMGirls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you pulled it together nicely. I don't know how it would look on me but I'm loving it on you!

    www.goodlooknout.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lot, but it's hot. You killed it. Mixing patterns can be hard, but you nailed this like it was nothing.

    ReplyDelete