Lane Bryant

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Best Foot Forward

While browsing Facebook the other day, one of my friends was fretting about what to wear. People were leaving all sorts of comments like, "something sexy" or a "Little Black Dress". Now don't get me wrong, those are great fashion tips for a "Diva in Despair", but the tip that stood out the most to me was "Start with the SHOES"!!!

Really, no truer words had ever been spoken. After shaking your hand and noticing what your nails look like, the next place most people look are your feet.  The foundation of a great outfit are the shoes, so why not start there??? One of the great things about fashion today, is that your shoes are like a wild card. You can be wearing a gold top, and purple skinny jeans and throw own a red pump to amp up your outfit, or hot pink shirt, black leather skirt with a blue suede shoe. The combinations are endless!

Those of you who know me, totally get that I am a shoe-a-holic! I mean seriously, I literally ride around with no less that 10 pairs of shoes in my car. Because shoes can totally transform an outfit, I always like to be prepared. Now, I know that having those many shoes with me at all times sounds 14 karat crazy, but  every fashion maven should have a few key shoes in their arsenal. I like to call them, the "Eight Essentials". If you have the "Eight Essentials" in your shoe wardrobe, you will be ready for almost anything.

1. Basic Black

A basic black pump is a definite in any shoe wardrobe. It can be worn casually with a pair of skinny jeans and a great blazer, to work with a sassy suit or to a cocktail party with a fabulous dress. I prefer a black patent leather pump, because patent can be a little more versatile than a flat leather. The basic black pump I have in my show arsenal is the Kors Michael Kors Glitter Pump from Neiman Marcus. Although they are a bit pricey at $195 they are  totally worth it because they won't have to be replaced that often.




2. Ankle Accent

There really is nothing sexier than a great ankle strap shoe. The right ones can elongate your legs and add a flirty element to your ensemble. I recently scored the Edel pump in Green from ShoeDazzle. You can find this and tons of great styles at ShoeDazzle for as little as $29.95.



3. Lovely Leopard

Now I know you are thinking, Leopard, really??? Yes, a great leopard shoe is an essential. The great thing about it is that it's a neutral. You can pair it with almost anything. I tend to switch my leopard shoes every couple years and this year I happened to grab it in the most adorable booties from Sole Society. I dawned the Lyssa booties at my "Chic in the City" event last month.


4. Pop of Color

OK, so this one is really hard for me to narrow down. My pop of color really depends on what mood I'm in. Also, the pop of color changes each season based on what's trending. Since I had to make a choice for this post, I have decided on the Layla color-block pumps that I again scored from Sole Society earlier this season. Magenta, navy and marigold are really on trend this fall and winter, so this shoe should have you covered for a variety of outfits.



5. Sparkle Spectacle

With the holidays being around the corner, a pair of shimmery shoes is a must have for your holiday season. Last week I scored the Zoe glitter, studded pump from ShoeMint for $40 bucks! They are #haute and I can't wait to wear them.



6. Fancy Flats

Don't get me wrong, I love heels, but a great flat is definitely apart of my wardrobe. As with the "Pop of Color" I change my flats up every season depending on what colors are trending, also because I abuse them and they often look like crap!  This season I chose the Tanya flats from Sole Society in the color Jazzberry. The color is so vibrant and looks great with a variety of things in my wardrobe. Also, the spectator detail gave them a menswear inspired look. 



7. Comfy Cute

One pair of shoes that I can't live without are my comfy, cute Ugg Boots! I wear them all the time during the fall and winter and have several different styles. My favorite by far are my Tall Classic Ugg Boots in chestnut. I scored mine from Nordstrom, but they are available at a variety of retailers. Believe the hype, there is nothing better than an authentic pair of Uggs!




8. Boot Bliss

Finally, rounding out my "Eight Essentials" are a great pair of knee boots. Whether they are riding boots or ones with a heel, a great pair of knee boots are staple in my wardrobe. Because I have wide calves, I find it especially challenging to find a great pair of knee boots. Therefore I spend a lot more money than I normally would on shoes. I have a great pair of Cole Haan riding boots that cost me close to $400 dollars, but I have had them nearly 4 years and they still look great. The Jodphur Boots by Cole Haan are similar to the style I have. With the elastic panels on the side, a normally unaccommodating boot now fits.



There you have it, my "Eight Essentials" for a well balanced shoe wardrobe. If you buy quality from the beginning, you will save yourself money in the long run. Start building your shoe wardrobe today!

See you on the front row!

<3 Parker S. 

6 comments:

  1. great post!!! I have all these shoes except the basic black pump, but I do have suede, peep toe, and heeled blk boots. still on the look out for the basic black pump.

    www.curviebirdie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Birdie! When you find your basic black pump, your arsenal will be complete! keep looking!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All very true. You need all those shoes to set the shoe closet off right! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need about three of these selections to complete my shoe needs!

    www.goodlooknout.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Marie, you're almost there! Check out some of the brands I mentioned above and start shopping! :)

      Delete