Lane Bryant

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Phillip Lim Style

Last month I introduced you to the Phillip Lim  capsule collection for Target. While I was not blown away by most of the collection, I did fall in love with some key pieces. Surprisingly, the only thing that really tickled my fancy were the men's accessories. 

One thing that you may not know about me is that I started my fashion career working in menswear.  Though I love the frills and thrills of ladies fashion, nothing intrigues me more than the simplicity of menswear. A man can wear the the same suit but completely transform it each time by simply changing the shirt and the tie. Men also require far fewer shoes and can complete any ensemble by adding an interesting pair of socks. 

With all that being said, I wanted to show you guys how I rock menswear. As an on the go fashionista, my looks need to be versatile and transformable from day to play. Recently I paired a simple ASOS body con dress and belt with a denim jacket and my new Phillip Lim for Target high top sneakers, oversized tote and "BOOM" scarf (no longer available). 








Because I was running errands, I wanted to keep my look fun yet casual. After all of my running around I switched up my look for date night by removing my sneaks, and replacing them with my Kors Michael Kors pumps. I also ditched my jean jacket in favor of my new gold blazer available at Twelve 24 Boutique and snagged my "BOOM" scarf from my bag to amp up my look and finished things off with my Phillip Lim wallet used as a clutch. 


I believe in fashion without boundaries. Just because something was designed with a man in mind doesn't mean you can shake things up a bit and incorporate it into your wardrobe. I am living proof that you can still look like a lady and dress like a man!

"Make the world your personal runway!"

<3 Parker S.

No comments:

Post a Comment