Lane Bryant

Monday, January 14, 2013

Un-Makeup Monday

Hey Guys! The beginning of the year has been great so far. I had such an amazing time yesterday at Black Bride 2013 and will be recapping my highlights of the event the rest of this week. I am also super exhausted, hence today's post "Un-Makeup Monday". When I'm out covering events, I'm usually super made up. Sometimes it may not look like it, but I have layers of makeup on to create a photo ready look.

Professional Makeup done by Shalawn Willis of Lamik Cosmetics

Needless to say, when I'm not out being FAB, I like to keep a more natural look. Unfortunately, my skin is not flawless, therefore I like to have some sort of coverage for my problem areas. Today I want to tell you guys how to get a great "un-made up" look.
No Makeup (Don't be Scared)

The base of any makeup look should be a great moisturizer. In the winter my skin gets super dry, so in addition to my moisturizer, I use the ultra hydrating HD Elixir by Makeup Forever. When using the Elixir after 15 minutes your skin is 520% more hydrated. This much hydration immediately plumps and fills in fine lines and minimizes the appearance of pores. It also gives your skin a dewy, fresh-faced look.




After the elixir, the main component of my look is Mac Studio Moisture Tint. This gives me just enough coverage to hide my problem areas. It also protects my skin with a low level SPF from the winter rays.


To enhance the rest of my face, I use Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay "Blissful" blush. Blush immediately perks up your face and emphasizes your cheekbones. Depending on how I'm feeling that day, I will either use Benefit "They're Real" Mascara or throw on a set of lashes.




In addition to emphasizing your eyes, you can't neglect your brows. The Lamik Celebrity Brow Kit is a great way to frame your eyes. The brightening cream under and or above the brow sculpts and lifts the brow while the powder fills in any sparse hairs. Your eyes immediately look sexy and totally irresistible.


Finally rounding out my look, I keep my lips super simple and kissably soft with Fresh Cosmetics Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment. Also having an SPF, the Fresh tinted lip treatment both moisturizes, protects and gives your lips an amazing rosy, tinted shine.



Creating the entire look takes all of 5 minutes and is a great way to be "un-made up"!

See you on the front row!

xoxo-

Parker S.

"Un-Made Up" with Lashes 

No comments:

Post a Comment